Monday, July 27, 2015

Continuing from the #mytop15playlist challenge on Instagram, I made one there so why not making another one here.

This playlist only contains anime soundtracks. I don't watch anime that much but compared to most of my friends, I watch more than they do, so I personally think that the reason why I like these anime songs is because in them, I found qualities that I'd like in non-anime songs. I mean, IMO I objectively like these songs because I like these songs, not because I'm an otaku and just gotta love all things Japanese.

Anime songs are just as enjoyable as any song... so here goes.

1. Utada Hikaru - Sakura Nagashi (from "Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo")
This song also comes at no. 1 on the other list that I made on Instagram just because I love this song that much. It gives me mixed feelings especially when I listen to it while replaying the movie in my head.

2. Goose house - Hikaru Nara (from "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso")
Goose house is a VERY talented band, I'm tellin' ya. I was browsing for cover versions of One Ok Rock's songs when I bumped into Goose house on YouTube. They covered a bunch of Japanese songs including OOR's and "Shingeki no Kyojin"'s soundtracks, and they went with their own acoustic arrangements. All of the members sing and play musical instruments. Also "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso" is a very touching anime: a drama with classical music theme and beautiful animations.

3. Goose house - Oto no Naru Hou e (from "Gin no Saji")
I watched and read Gin no Saji (also known as "Silver Spoon") simply because it was written by the genius who wrote "Fullmetal Alchemist", Hiromu Arakawa-sensei. Turns out it also came out with this perky song.

4. Suemitsu & The Suemith - Sagittarius (from "Nodame Cantabile")
Listen to this song when you're on a train or an airplane at night. It gives some kind of soothing yet wondrous atmosphere.

5. Suemitsu & The Suemith - Allegro Cantabile (from "Nodame Cantabile")
Lively piano + band sounds.

6. ChiCo with Honeyworks - Sekai wa Koi ni Ochiteiru (from "Ao Haru Ride")
Yet another lively sounds.

7. Keno - Ohayou (from "Hunter x Hunter 1999")
90's kids must love this.

8. Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas - Just Awake (from "Hunter x Hunter 2011")
Despite the fact that the band's name was taken from Johnny Depp's movie, I am into this rock-metal-screamo-kind of music.

9. Aya Hirano - Super Driver (from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya")
It makes me feel all jumpy (is that even a word?).

10. Galileo Galilei - Aoi Shiori (from "AnoHana")
I say Galileo Galilei is kind of like a Japanese version of Two Door Cinema Club, but a little pop-ier. Plus, listening to this song while remembering the scenes from "AnoHana" makes me feel kind of sentimental.

11. Galileo Galilei - Asu e (from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE")
Let's be honest here... I've only watch the first episode of Gundam AGE and I didn't really enjoy it. But I totally like this song. I ended up downloading Galileo Galilei's album "Portal" and they have other nice songs. That album contains "Asu e" and also "Aoi Shiori".

12. YUI - Again (from "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood")
If you watch various playlists on YouTube entitled "best anime songs", trust me you'll find most of them are including this song. And so far FMA: Brotherhood is my favorite anime series ever.

13. YUI - Life (from "Bleach")
I don't follow "Bleach", but YUI is such a great artist.

14. Asian Kung-fu Generation - After Dark (from "Bleach")
I found this song playing on MTV like almost 10 years ago. It has really cool music video and back then I didn't even know that this was a song from "Bleach". That's when I found out about Asian Kung-fu Generation while lots of other people notice them from "Naruto"'s hit soundtrack "Haruka Kanata".

15. Asian Kung-fu Generation - Rewrite (from "Fullmetal Alchemist")
Note: "Fullmetal Alchemist" is prior to "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" and they have different stories.

Bonus tracks:

16. L'arc~en~Ciel - Link (from "Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: The Conqueror of Shamballa")
17. Rita - Little Busters! (from "Little Busters!)
18. Utada Hikaru - Beautiful World (from "Evangelion 1.0: You are (Not) Alone")
19. Nano - No pain, No Game (from "BTOOOM!")
20. Joe Hisaishi - Merry-go-round Life (from "Howl's Moving Castle")

And loads of "InuYasha"'s soundtracks especially the ones by Do as Infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Green Tea