Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Needy

There's this one little thing that's been bothering me for a while now, it started since the age of Instagram and Path: the need to be liked.

No one in the reign of Internet wouldn't notice this. I guess more specifically in teenagers and young adults, such as myself. I'm also a citizen of the cyber world and may be a slave to smartphones. Like other people, I, too, have more than one social media apps installed in my phone.

The way I see it, I myself don't post things a lot, at least I know some people who post more than I do. But once I do, I'd wait for my post to get noticed: getting likes, comments, or other expressions that are available for other people to choose as a reaction to my post. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a normal human being like you guys. There's this little devil in my prefrontal cortex that chooses to feel happy about getting those reactions.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one who behaves so. So I'm just gonna generalize. It's up to you if you recognize yourself as indifferent, or like how most people now would say: anti-mainstream.

Sometimes we find people with different taste than most of the population of the world, such as in music, movies, fashion sense, or they'd say they hate to go to places where everybody else goes to hang out, or even those who say "I don't give a shit to what they think", I'd say: oh please, YOU DO GIVE A SHIT.

I know I do. And I'm not even a fan to stuff my friends love.

Otherwise these kind of people won't exist in social medias (at least in ones that provide a "like" button). Maybe we want to be seen (and liked) as anti-mainstream because we think it's cool to be different?

But my question is: why? Why do people need to be liked? Why do people like to be liked?

Well this isn't a satire. I'm purely just asking.

2 comments:

  1. Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kumpulbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

    Oh ya, di sana anda bisa dengan bebas mendowload music, foto-foto, video dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *ngepost foto selfie di collage* #like4like #like4follow #likebackplease

    that damn hashtag once disturbing me so much, but... yea.
    dan pertanyaanmu susah dijawab ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Green Tea