Saturday, April 19, 2014

White flag

"Friendship is not obtained; it is being won over."

Some well-sewed words I found on someone's blog last year (I forgot whose. If you happen to read this post, my apologize that I didn't put any credit).

I took it, so I fought to win, until I realized that all this time I've been fighting alone when in fact I should be fighting along with my partner – whom I thought was going to give it a try too. But I was wrong. That partner of mine (or whoever it was) has been gone since a long time ago. I knew, but I kept denying it because somewhere I was still hoping. I guess I just have to stop.



It's like that Adele's song, "should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements? Even if it leads nowhere". I'm waving a white flag and admitting defeat. There's nothing left to fight for anyway.

まだ二人はすぐそこにいるのに
The two of you are still right there
どうかまた会えますように」なんて
But I find myself praying that we can meet again
どうかしてるみたい
There must be something wrong with me

"Aoi Shiori" - Galileo Galilei

Then again, for us being happy or not depends on ourselves. Some people stay, some people go, that's just usual daily life, right? So I choose to be happy with the people I'm with right now; the ones proven to hold up with me through good times and bad times, the ones that hasn't left me behind.

I wish every each one of you all the happiness in the world :)

1 comment:

  1. Aya. Thanksssss for being a good friend to me. Ga tau sih maksudnya dirimu ngepost begini lagi kenapa, cuma sotoy aja haha. Some people stay, some people go. Aku setuju sekali :""""

    ReplyDelete

 
Green Tea